Date/Time: Thursday, December 5, 12:00pm – 1:00pm PST
- Sylvia Metz, Vice President, BC Career Development Association, Business Manager, WorkBC Employment Services Centre – Family Services of Greater Vancouver
- David Schulte, Program Co-ordinator, Langara College Self Employment Program
In this joint CfEE/BCCDA webinar, Sylvia Metz and David Schulte will discuss the benefits and challenges of self-employment for BC job seekers. The webinar will explore why self-employment might be a suitable option for job seekers as well as factors for its success. The self-employment market in BC and key considerations for specialized populations will also be addressed. The webinar will be interactive; we encourage you to submit questions before as well as during the webinar.
What you will learn from this webinar:
- Common circumstances that lead to the pursuit of self-employment
- How self-employment can be a solution to unemployment rather than simply an alternative
- How to transition clients into a self-employment program
- The pathway to self-employment: description and lessons learned
The webinar will include opportunities for Q&A with Sylvia, David and CfEE representatives. Please submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you BC CCDP certified? Participation in this webinar can be claimed for Continuing Education Credits for recertification.
Sylvia Metz is a Certified Career Development Practitioner with over 15 years’ experience in the career and employment field. She brings a strong commitment to the employment services through her role as Business Manager of the new EPBC Employment Services Centre operated by Family Services of Greater Vancouver. She has extensive Coordinator, practitioner and leadership experience through delivery of employment counselling, vocational rehabilitation, case management and facilitation services to unemployed British Columbians. As Vice President of BCCDA, she brings her experience and vision to support its desire to be a progressive leadership body.
Dave Schulte‘s reputation has grown strongly in the community as he works hard to help others achieve success in business. With over twenty years’ experience as a business trainer and advisor, he educates new entrepreneurs and sets them on a path to success. In recognition of his efforts he was appointed to CIBC’s Small Business Hall of Fame. Dave is currently the Program Coordinator of Langara College’s Self Employment program.