For an up-to-date resource on publicly-funded employment programs across the province, check out our new BC Employment Program Hub!
Employment Program of BC (EPBC)
The Employment Programs of BC offers job search assistance, training, workshops as well as specialized services to all job seekers in the province. Immigrants, Aboriginal people, Francophones, people with disabilities, youth, older workers, multi-barriered people, and those living in rural and northern communities have equal access to this employment program. More information on the types of services provided by WorkBC Employment Services Centres located across the province can be found using the interactive map on the EPBC website.
• Unemployed or underemployed (less than 20 hours per week)
• BC resident
Access to Employment Program (ASTEP) (formerly known as Phoenix Employment Program)
This is a customized career planning program for multi-barriered people who are unemployed. Program includes career planning workshops, vocational assessment, counselling, skills training, referrals, support, and more.
• Unemployed multi-barriered men and women
• Resides in Surrey, Delta, or White Rock
• Eligible to work in Canada
Community Assistance Program (CAP) (formerly known as Specialized Community Assistance Program)
CAP provides long term case management support to multi-barriered people who are chronically homeless. This program ensures that these people have safe and stable housing, and further provides support and opportunities that would lead them to become more independent. Services include housing, counseling, skills training, addictions support, and volunteer and employment opportunities. Funded by the BC Ministry of Social Development, this program runs until March 2014.
• Receiving BCEA (income assistance) and not currently enrolled in another program
• Referred by the MInistry of Social Development
• 18 to 64 years old
Available in the following locations:
• Vancouver, Surrey – Pacific Community Resources Society
• Abbotsford – Buxton Consulting
• Victoria – Beacon Community Services
• Nanaimo – Nanaimo Youth Services Association
• Kelowna – Partners in Employment Resources and Services
• Prince George – Kopar Administration