For an up-to-date resource on publicly-funded employment programs across the province, check out our new BC Employment Program Hub!
Employment Program of BC (EPBC)
The Employment Programs of BC offers job search assistance, training, workshops as well as specialized services to all job seekers in the province. Immigrants, Aboriginal people, Francophones, people with disabilities, youth, older workers, multi-barriered people, and those living in rural and northern communities have equal access to this employment program. More information on the types of services provided by WorkBC Employment Services Centres located across the province can be found using the interactive map on the EPBC website.
• Unemployed or underemployed (less than 20 hours per week)
• BC resident
TIOW assists unemployed older workers aged 55 to 64 in finding employment, improving their skills, and gaining work experience that would help them return to work. Services include job counseling, skills training, wage subsidy, mentoring, and so on. The program is offered by service providers at different locations across the province.
• Unemployed and legally entitled to work in Canada
• 55 to 64 years old
• Live in a community with a population of 250,000 or less that has experienced continued high unemployment
• Those who are affected by industry downsizing or closures
Job Options BC – Older Workers Employment Program
Job Options BC – Older Workers Employment Program supports and helps job seekers who are 55 years of age and older find sustainable employment. This program provides workshops, work experience, training allowance, and more.
• Unemployed, non-Employment Insurance client
• Over 55 years old
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
• Not a student
Available in the following locations:
• Vancouver, North Vancouver – YMCA
• Burnaby – S.U.C.C.E.S.S., YMCA
• Coquitlam – S.U.C.C.E.S.S.
• Surrey – S.U.C.C.E.S.S.
• Surrey, White Rock, Delta – Progressive Intercultural Community Services (PICS)
• Kelowna – Kelowna Community Resources Society
• Greater Victoria – Ethos Career Management Group,
• Nanaimo – Central Vancouver Island Multicultural Society (CVIMS), Chemistry Consulting Group Inc.